Wednesday, 4 January 2017

Parking fines to make up for tax shortfall

Kingston Council takes to parking fines to recoup for Coffee Chain tax avoidance scheme.

A Surbiton local received a parking fine for parking in a loading bay for 2 minutes at 8:22am 31st Dec 2016 whilst purchasing Almond Croissants. "As I came to load them into my vehicle that I had foolishly not constructed or adapted for use for the carriage or haulage of Almond croissants, I noticed that I had received a Penalty Charge Notice which has subsequently been confirmed as issued correctly" said Surbiton local Pat Issary.
The Surbiton man stated that when asking the Civil Enforcement Officer (CEO) for the reason for Penalty Charge Notice when the sign stated "Mon-Sat 9am-6:30pm pay at machine" the CEO explained that he had not made the necessary modifications to the vehicle and therefore  could not park in a loading bay between 7am and 9am and load Almond croissants and deliver them safely to his home. The CEO further explained that Plain Croissants, Pain au Chocolat and even muffins would have been suitable for transportation, but this tax in particular only applies to Almond Croissants.
"We have to recoup for the Starbucks tax avoidance scheme, and Almond Croissants is the simplest way" the CEO said.
"I'm pretty annoyed" said Pat "If I had carefully read all the information pertaining to parking before leaving my vehicle, I would have visited the nearest garage that adapts vehicles for the purpose of carriage or haulage of almond croissants. It's as simple as that. To be honest I hold the Costa across the road responsible as they didn't have any almond croissants in stock!"

No comments:

Post a Comment